Monday, December 16, 2013

Sharpie Please

I have a serious love for Sharpies. They come in every colour, can be used on any surface, are permanent when they need to be, and make for excellent tattoos that I can wash off when I need. And that last reason is exactly what this post is about: Sharpie tattoos.
I'm not really opposed to tattoos, but I don't love them either. At least not on me. My problem is I change my mind too often to commit to a tattoo, and I would hate to see it start looking awful as I age. So, instead of getting permanently inked, I just draw a Sharpie tattoo when I feel like it. Then I can take it off when I don't want it anymore.

The tentacles are based on art by Alister Dippner, who creates the album artwork for the band Ghost Town.



A little bit of Sharpie henna.




I feel like I'm channeling my inner Jack Sparrow with the finger tattoos. "Honu" means sea turtle in Hawaiian and sea turtles are considered to be good luck.



And finally, a sea turtle itself. I love sea turtles, so it was just a matter of time before this showed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment